Thursday 23 August 2012

No Excuse, Just Do It!





     "You should write from your heart!"

     The sentence kept lingering in my mind for the next few days...I began to ask myself: Despite my passion in writing, am I REALLY writing something I TRULY like?

     Yes and no.

     Yes, I pretty much like to see my commercial work add values to other people's lives; No, that's not something I TRULY like, it's not from my heart, I couldn't deny on that.

     I took some time to be alone, give a good thought on the question; all of a sudden, those "buried" dreams began to emerge...

     After my mother passed away 3 years ago, I've always wanted to write the stories between me and her; I also like to write about my friends, and people who walked into my life and left an impact on me...and many more...

     I've even pitched those ideas to some publishers, but it was turned down; and thus, it remains as a wishful thinking...

     But, where are those dream now? Are they still burning?

     No, they ain't burning...instead, they slowly faded away...why? Simply because I succumb to life, busy earning a living; I put my dreams on hold, thinking that I will be able to do it someday...

     Someday...

     The reality is, nobody knows whether that someday will ever come?

     Nobody wants to publish those stories, but does it mean I can never share about it? Should I just leave it behind?

     DEFINITELY not, I've been putting that behind long enough; if I continue to do so, it's as good as I'm just giving myself excuses of not pursuing on something I really like.

     The French guy is an angel sent by God, telling me that there isn't a moment better than NOW, I have no excuse, but to just do it!

     Hence, the beginning of this blog.

     I couldn't tell where this is going to lead me, perhaps, to a better destination, or probably not; but that really doesn't bother me, as I know what I'm doing, and this is something I truly want to share, deep down from my heart.

     Now, looking back, I feel grateful for having my holiday in Koh Samui; and even more grateful to cross path with the messenger sent by God. 

     I believe in the mighty power of Him, that He won't throw us a question without showing us the way to find the solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment