Thursday 23 August 2012

Train of Friendship ~ Part I




There is a Chinese saying that goes “You rely on parents when you’re at home, but you count on friends while you are away from home”(在家靠父母,出外靠朋友); I couldn’t have agreed more.

I left home (which is a small town with limited job opportunities) for the big city since I was 19, moving from one city to another, and finally reside in Kuala Lumpur, the heart of Malaysia.

Over the years, countless people walked into my life -- hi and bye friends, friends I go on vacation with, friends I hang out with…and most importantly, bosom friends that witnessed the ups and downs of my life, they are the ones whom I can count my life on; and that’s what I really grateful for.

On the journey of life, everyone is heading towards the same direction, the only difference is whether you are going to live your life to the fullest with rainbows in it, or turned it into dully black and white, only realized you never really live at the end of your journey!

As for me, I treasure my life and I treasure friendship, I try to make friends whenever possible; however, when it comes to closed friends, I'm choosy. To me, when it comes to someone to count on, I owe it to myself to be selective.

        At the moment I feel sad, or some joyful moments to be shared, I always know what number to call, that a pair of ears will be listening; anytime, anywhere...

        "You're damn lucky," some friends told me that, for they don't have such a pair of ears in their life. Indeed, I always consider myself a very lucky person, for I not only have one pair, but few pairs of ears, and helping hands whenever I need them.

        In life, there are certain things you just couldn't simply share it with anyone, even family. Often than not, it's even harder to share it with your family members; when this happens, bosom friends would fill up that empty space, allowing us to release our feelings and perhaps, secrets.

        That's the beauty of friendship, is it not?

No comments:

Post a Comment