Thursday 23 August 2012

Touched by an Angel




24 July 2012 -- definitely marked a special spot in my Calendar of Life. On that day, I crossed path with an angel, which brought great meaning to my life, eventually led to a deep self-reflection in me.

It was mid-July, after living a busy and hectic working life for more than six months of the year, I decided to give myself a break. That saw me landed in Surat Thani Airport on a fine July afternoon, catching my ferry to the magnificent Koh Samui of Thailand, the paradise for the sun and sea lovers! 

With the intention of having a real break to relax and rejuvenate, I wasn’t expecting much from the trip, but to lie on the beach reading a good book or bathe in the sea water enjoying the good moments!

While I lied on the beach admiring the gorgeous sunset, little did I know that the best part of the journey is yet to emerge. All I know was a vacation with -- no work, no deadlines, no calendar, no time, no pressure…nothing but me and the sea!

While I indulged myself with the freedom far away from the hassle of life, the clock ticked by at an equally high speed. One day, I heard a little voice whispering : “Hey, it’s time to pack the bags!” Oh, My 1-week holiday has come to an end, without me noticing it!

That again saw me carrying my haversack, hopping on the bus heading to Surat Thani Airport, catching the afternoon flight back to Kuala Lumpur. Perhaps it was not the peak travel season, when I walked up the double-decker bus, there were still ample of empty seats available. I chose a seat close to the exit and sat down. 

After settling in, I looked around the bus; on the seat to my right, sat a young White guy clad in a red Paul Frank T-shirt and a pair of red Asics walking shoes; he gave me a smile (without showing his teeth) while my eyes contacted with his, I replied with a smile. Then, the bus went on to pick the passengers from the next hotel before heading to the airport. When the bus stopped in front of the hotel, he smiled at me again (this time showing his teeth); so, what did I do? Returned with a smile showing my teeth of course!

There were not many crowds at the airport, hence, it didn’t take long for the check-in process. After gotten my passport stamped at the immigration, I walked into the waiting hall. There, I saw the White guy sitting alone eating a can of potato crisps. I sat in front of him, giving him a smile and breaking the ice by asking: “Where are you from?”

Well, I know that’s kinda lame but seems like that's the common way to start a conversation on a vacation.

And little did I know, that simple line will eventually led to wonderful memories, and directly brought to the beginning of this blogspot of mine…

So, before everything starts, I dedicated the first article to you -- AmoRY; for walking into my life and being an angel in my life journey.

Thanks for everything, it has been my pleasure to have met you!
감사합니다! (^-^)

No comments:

Post a Comment